Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wedding Receptions, Bouquets, and Dodging Bullets

Well, tonight, I attended a wedding reception. I had a marvelous time. There was good food, and lots of dancing, which are really my only two requirements in wedding receptions. The best part of the whole night was...yes, you guessed it. The throwing of the bouquet. Now, seeing as I have been in a serious relationship for 8 months now, people had expectations. High expectations. So, the flowers were tossed, and came straight to me. Alas, there was somebody, a good friend mind you, standing in front of me. I reached out and grabbed the flowers just as Abby did. She had a better grip because she had the bottom, and I had the top. I actually ripped out a couple of roses in the grabbing process. Well, feeling dejected and quite sad, I left the dance floor, only to be told by another friend, that Kevin was over thanking Abby for catching the bouquet. I questioned him about this, and he said he was simply telling her that he was grateful because she helped him dodge a bullet. WHAT?!?! Am I that un-marry-able that he feels the whole process is a bullet he needs to dodge? Where did this whole philosophy come from about the person who catches the bouquet is the next one to get married anyway? Silly traditions. Whateves. I'm sure he'll have his own comments about this whole thing, but we'll all just have to wait for his witty response.

This is Kevin and I at the reception. This was pre-dodging bullets comment :)


We danced! He even went willingly.


Corinna and I looking cute as always!

9 comments:

abby said...

OK I found your blog and I will confirm that Kevin said to me that he did dodge a bullet. It was the first wedding bouquet that I caught fair and square despite the ripped out flowers. All the others were ones I've kept either fell on the floor because no one wanted them or they were given to me because the people were too young to get married. I saw some great garter action when Kevin tried to fight for it. He gets some points for at least trying because the pre Jan 13th Kevin wouldn't have even bothered.

You'll get a bouquet of your own soon enough. Don't worry :).

celeste'sblog said...

Thank you for mentioning the pre January 13th Kevin. He's really come a long way.

And I'm not worried about not getting a bouquet of my own. At least not yet.

tammy 2-2 said...

obviously, after 8 months somebody's not ready to commit, and it sounds like both of you. which is fine! some days i wish i had dodged the bullet that hit me, too! that's okay, some days i'm really glad i got hit! okay, too many exclamation points. go have a good time.

Anonymous said...

Listen . . .

I was rooting for her to catch it, I was just making a JOKE. Man, some people . . .

(I did get a hand on the garter, but only ended up deflecting it.)

Joni said...

heh. I can picture the exact tone of Kevin saying "Listen..."

(Also, in my mind's eye he has Kleenex stuffed up his nose.)

Anonymous said...

Let the haters hate, eran. My own rule is not to 'commit,' as the kids call it these days, until I've known a gal for not less than 110 months. And Honda >Toyota >GM, which makes you more cool than Mrs. Brown but less cool than me.

Anonymous said...

So, JD, I must be one of the "cool kids"=I haz Honda. But I did NOT know your dad 110 months before commiting to marriage. So I cancel myself out.

Mandy's Blogspot said...

I'm just amazed at Cindy's use of LOLcatz speak.

ossum.

Anonymous said...

katorigasuki, you should see some of my posts on CPAAG....we use it a lot over there.

OH....and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW Celeste!!!!!