Friday, September 19, 2008

Pirate Kathryn the Ochre...

So today is international talk like a pirate day. To commemorate, Kevin and I are eating dinner at a place called Mango Mike's where they serve Caribbean style food with that kind of atmosphere. We were going to go loot a ship, but alas, we could not find one. Then, we were thinking we were going to watch Pirates of the Caribbean, but I don't own it, so I did the next best thing. No, not rent it, borrowed a different movie from a friend. We now will be watching The Goonies, which, as people should know, also has to do with pirates. They're going off and looking for a treasure left by one-eyed Willie, the pirate. It'll be fun. Kevin's mom attached a link on her blog where you could go find out your pirate name. Mine, apparently, is Pirate Kathryn the Ochre. I can totally see how they got that from Celeste. 

Well, on to something just as fun, but on an entirely different topic, it's official. Georgia can walk. She walks for me all the time. She'll walk around the house, out front on the sidewalk, basically anywhere. But for some reason, she's more reluctant to do it for her parents. It wasn't until this morning that her dad, Ben, saw her walk for the first time. They've left the video camera out so I can make a movie of all the fun things she does when they're not home. And on a smart note, Georgia is. I've been teaching her sign language so that she can communicate until she learns how to talk for real. Each day when she wakes up from her nap, I ask her if she wants milk (doing the sign for milk of course). Then she does it, and crawls to the fridge. As I'm pouring it, she'll say, "Please please please (while again, doing the sign). Then I'll go to hand it to her, and she'll go to take it, then stop, say thank you (once again, you've guessed it, with the sign) and then take it. Who knew I, of all people could teach somebody manners. She's the cutest kid ever. 

Sorry this is so long, but I'm not quite done. Moving on to less fun things. This has been the week for the breaking down of cars. I'm pretty sure I'm the one who has all the bad luck, because it's all associated with me. Well... Tuesday night was institute. Kevin was supposed to show up, but he didn't. I called him because I was all worried that he was laying dead on the side of the road, but he wasn't. He said his ignition was locked or something because he couldn't turn the car on. The wheel wasn't locked, so that wasn't the problem, it was something else entirely. So then Thursday, he had a locksmith come out and look at it, but that wasn't the problem. So he had to have it towed to a repair shop. Then, yesterday, I was out in the car that my employers let me drive while I'm working, and it wouldn't start. The battery wasn't dead, it was the starter. So then it too, was taken to a repair shop. Oh the joys of cars. I should not be affiliated with them anymore. I only get people into trouble.

On the plus side, it's the weekend, and I get to sleep in tomorrow. Yay!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'arrgh, but cars are evil creatures!!! Now don't you be forgettin Mute Pirate Day next week!!!

aka: Cindy

Anonymous said...

Nice name, ye sea scum. And ditch the car. Get yerself a tricked out ship.

Anonymous said...

What about Mute Pirate Day?? Ya Scurvy wench how could ya forget about that?? Arrrrrrrggggg

Anonymous said...

$950 to replace some bracket or something. Seems absurd, and the entire car only cost me 4 times that. I swear I am never driving the thing unless I have to. Or maybe I SHOULD just set it on fire and claim the insurance money.

tammy 2-2 said...

Lucky me -- I'm Cap'n Uma KeelHaul. Think I like Aunt Tam better!