Sunday, September 14, 2008

The great great Gettysburg

So this weekend, my ward had a retreat up in the "mountains" of Maryland (I say "mountains" because being from Colorado, I know what mountains are. We were actually in foothills. I should know, I grew up in the foothills). We were only about 1/2 hour away from Gettysburg, so a bunch of our group decided to drive up there to check it out. It was a lot of fun. I drove up Saturday morning with my roommate and we spent all day Saturday, and part of Sunday there, then came home Sunday afternoon.

This is Kevin getting his head shoved into a cannon by two of my friends. He wasn't very happy.



This is a picture of some of the battle grounds.


This is the Gettysburg Address Memorial. The address was given about 300 yards from here.



We went for a walk, I made him carry my camera in case I wanted to take a picture of something. When, towards the end of our walk, he told me I needed to take a picture, I decided to take a picture of us. Notice his "bonecrusher" name tag? He thinks he's tough.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the return of Bonecrusher Blinn. Did you know that was his nickname in high school?

I would love to take the girls to Gettysburg sometime.

celeste'sblog said...

He told me that was his nickname because some kid ran into him and his ankle got sprained. I told Kevin that his nicknamed should've been ligament tearer rather than bonecrusher, but whatever.

You should take the girls. I would've liked to spend more time, but we had to get back for lunch.

Anonymous said...

Sprained? No. Broken. It was during football practice.

Beautiful Bagshaw Babes Version 4.5 said...

Hemminga-
Did I find you my love!? Oh how I have missed you so much and your birthday is coming up and I have been thinking so much about you! Here is our blog jsbagshawfamily.blogspot.com
Oh I am soooo happy to find you! Who is the guy? oh tell me every thing! Love you whole bunches of oats!

Beautiful Bagshaw Babes Version 4.5 said...

Hemminga-
Did I find you my love!? Oh how I have missed you so much and your birthday is coming up and I have been thinking so much about you! Here is our blog jsbagshawfamily.blogspot.com
Oh I am soooo happy to find you! Who is the guy? oh tell me every thing! Love you whole bunches of oats!

amy said...

hey celeste how are you? i like your blog its cute, keep in touch!!