Thursday, January 1, 2009

I have to live with a BOY

So it turns out that I'm engaged.

Kevin proposed to me Tuesday night the 30th-exactly 1 year after our meet cute. If that's what you'd like to call it. We met after church one Sunday-December 30, 2007-as it were. We hung out one night, three days later he asked me out, and the rest is history.

We don't know yet when we're getting married, or where, but we'll keep everyone updated as we know what's happening.

I'm so excited! I think actually Kevin's family was more excited than mine. At least that's the way they all sounded when we told them over the phone Tuesday night. Yeah for us!

I would post a picture of something, like us, or the ring or anything, but Kevin has all the pictures of the ring on his camera. I only have it on my phone.

(P.S. If you can name the show where my subject title comes from, we may name our first child after you...)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quote comes from "Friends."
You're right, we're all excited.
Now, about the name...

Walser Family said...

Ha Ha ha, I know the movie. The Holiday!!!!!! Oh fun, I win. Anyways, Congrats, I am so excited for you guys. I think we just missed each other in denver. But maybe next time. We are planning on being there for the summer so maybe we can see you then. I am so happy for you guys!

Mandy or Amanda, you can totally pick. I think Taylor is also acceptable. Joyce is my middle name but that is not always peoples first choice!Ian also knew the name of the movie, just in case it is a boy!

Walser Family said...

Oh crap, the subject title. I need to pay more attention. Thats funny.

Anonymous said...

Miles can't wait to meet his cousin:

Plaxico;
Ethenic; or
Apple.

Congrats to both of you.

Stacie said...

Congrats, Celeste! I'm so excited for you. Mike is, too. At least, he will be once I tell him. :)

Beautiful Bagshaw Babes Version 4.5 said...

Hemminga I am SOOO excited for you, I thought this would be one of those moments you would call me! Oh well I'll call you! Congrats!!

Beautiful Bagshaw Babes Version 4.5 said...

Haha now that I called you I am even more excited! CONGRATRS again and I LOVE YOU bunches of oats...remember signing our notes like that. Oh dear enjoy this time you deserve every happiness!

celeste'sblog said...

Congratulations Jeff. Kevin says Jeff is a perfectly suitable name to name a child. I'm so happy that you know that. Or that you Wiki'd it.

Mandy-I'm sorry about the mix up. But on a good note-The Holiday is a really good movie. And I love the fact that Ian knew the name of that movie. Kevin says a little piece of him dies whenever he knows things like that.

Mandy's Blogspot said...

yay! i'll have plenty of daughter-in-law company now! :-)

can't wait to meet you and congratulations!

Anonymous said...

So my first post got et up.

Welcome to the family!!!!!!

If the first baby is a girl, you can name her after me, since I am the *ahem* "better" half of the winner.

Pancake said...

Hey Celeste CONGRATS! I am so happy for you