Monday, March 2, 2009

Murder in Margaritaland

So this past weekend my two roommates and Kevin all participated in a Murder Mystery Dinner hosted by one of our friends from church. It was titled Murder in Margaritaland. It was a lot of fun. Kevin was a wealthy old man named Thurston Howard III. He had a girl friend who he bought everything for, and tragically, that was me-Candy Cotton (does this sound like real life at all...?). My roommate Kathryn was Izzie Islander-a local girl in love with the bartender and Corinna was Sgt. Lord-the friend of the man who owned Margaritaland. We had a ton of fun. My character was cheating on Thurston with the bartender-who got murdered, and Kevin was a prime suspect seeing as how my infidelity was exposed. Alas, it was neither one of us but it was the life guard of the resort. Thank heavens I got to keep my Thurston (and also his money!).


The 4 of us: Izzie Islander, Candy Cotton, Thurston Howard III and Sgt. Lord


Candy Cotton


Candy Cotton and Thurston Howard III


Thurston Howard III


"Oh Thurston, I need you, I want you, oh baby oh baby"


What a cantankerous old man


Chatting it up with Kylie Cocktail



Hearing the final results



The entire group



I won for best costume. My prize: a margarita cup

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I have a neighbor that used to host them in her home, they always had a blast.

Anonymous said...

The shirt buttoned all the way up is priceless, but what REALLY made me laugh out loud was the black socks/sandals combo.

I'm thinking you should blow up the 'cantankerous' photo by 8 by 10 and have it framed.

celeste'sblog said...

He was most excited about the socks/sandals combo part of his outfit. Although he did really like the buttoned up shirt and the pants hiked up. Although in the photos you can't really tell about the pants. He even slicked his hair back-which means he really got into the part.

joni said...

hey celeste - I wanted to share this link with you.
http://www.princesslasertron.com/2009/03/hannahs-wedding-pictures.html
She features a lot of really cool wedding pics on her site but this is the first time I've seen a temple wedding. I really love what they did with the church cultural hall to make it look really classy and non-cheap. ;-)