Sunday, February 20, 2011

Date night!

Thursday afternoon, Kevin said that he needed to know my feelings on Contra Dancing ASAP. I must admit, I needed to look it up online before I could even give him my opinion. I told him that it seemed like something I would like and if he was willing, I was willing. So-Friday night, we went Contra Dancing. For those of you not in the know, Contra Dancing is several partnered folk dance styles where couples dance in two lines facing each other. A bit like square dancing. Kevin suggested we go, and to admit, I was a bit floored. He was going to go dancing. And it was his idea!!! Crazy. We have danced together a total of 3 times our whole dating/engaged/married life together. On average, once a year. So, since the last time we danced together was at our wedding a year and a half ago, I guess it was time again.

It was actually a lot of fun. There was a lesson for an hour before the dancing actually got started where you could go and learn some various dances. The lessons sure helped a lot. We got to wear buttons that said it was our first time and man was I grateful for those because it gave me an excuse as to my awfulness. We were there for about 2 1/2 hours and it went on for an hour longer, but because the dances kept getting harder and harder, we decided to head out. Kevin said that he liked contra dancing because it was more about placing your body in the right spot than getting correct footwork, which he claims he can't do. All in all, it was a fun evening. Before hand he took me out to a really yummy Lebanese place for dinner where I was not adventurous and only got a gyro. Next time I told him I'd get something a little more daring. It was a great date night!!

On a side note, I was shaving my legs on Saturday and cut my leg worse than I probably ever had. And it wasn't even a new razor! I bled straight for 10 minutes using up a lot of toilet paper to absorb the blood before switching over to a cloth. Band-aid has been applied. Healing has started. But still-OUCH!!! I suppose I'll completely recover with time. And with Kevin not poking at it anymore. Silly boy.

No comments: